Monday, January 07, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Well, obviously the political season has wound down a bit in Iowa. And that is ok. I've been writing less blog entries, and been working for the last week before baby #3 comes with gathering info for the Hunter campaign. But the work was tedious, so I decided to write a program (am still working out the kinks) to automate the gathering of contact information for a group of people.

Well, as a good Duncan Hunter supporter, I've told my kids that Duncan Hunter is the best man for our country, but not really able to explain it deeply to a 3 and 5 year old. Patrick (our 5 year old) says: Duncan Hunter is the best one for our state. And that has been humorous. States and USA are the same in his mind, I think.

But I heard about something funny with Caleb (our 3 year old). Today at the local Target store, he stepped up on a stool that was in an aisle, and said: "I'm Barack Obama, and I approved this message." Think there have been too many political ads on TV! Patrick can ask: What about Hillary Clinton? What about Barack Obama? And he's curious -- in the sense that he sees it like a sport or a race with winners and losers.

No comments: